Monday, September 3, 2012

Smuggler's Inn


To give you an idea of what I do outside of work (which isn’t much) I thought I would give some reviews of the places I frequent when I go out. The first on the list is Smuggler’s Inn. This lodge’s restaurant and bar is probably my most frequented spot in Lusaka, mostly because they are guaranteed to have the game on (whichever match is playing). 

Smuggler's Inn - inside bar

They have both indoor and outdoor seating options and a large number of televisions. The inside seating is at small high-top tables with bar stools while the outside seating is picnic tables. The bar is inside however it is predominantly waitress-service. The food is good enough to enjoy while watching the game and is fairly standard pub-food. Late in the evening, especially when there is a big game on the projector, they have a large braai (grill) going where you can pick up some chicken, boerwars (sausages), and gizzards. 

Occasionally they will host concerts with top local artists or have promotional events with the game on a huge projector screen and close off half the parking-lot for seating. In addition they have a few pool tables; pool is very popular here (and yes I am still terrible at it but I also avoid playing because of how terrible I actually am). There is also a small swimming pool although I have never seen anyone actually in it before. While this place can get extremely busy it can be a hit-or-miss on an off night although we can usually count on running into someone you know at some point in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment