Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sun Dried Guava

This is seriously my new obsession. While I can only handle a few at a time due to their sweetness, dried guava is simply addictive. It is what I imagine an organic fruit roll-up would taste like (if I was ever adventurous enough to try one); part chewy, part grainy, mostly sweet.


Chankwakwa is a company that locally produces Zambian foods such as dried fruit and honey. 


Aside from the fresh fruits and vegetables grown here near Lusaka, local foods are not easily found. Most of the food in the grocery stores is imported from South Africa and beyond. While I do live on a farm and many of my foods come from my "back yard" there is still much that needs to be purchased at the store and unfortunately only a small portion of that can be found from Zambian products. Hopefully that will improve in the future but until then I will give support where I can - and when support tastes as delicious as this how can I complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment