Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eviva Mediterranean Restaurant

This past date night took Kay and I to Eviva Mediterranean Restaurant in Rhodes Park, Lusaka. Eviva features traditional Greek dishes, sushi bar, international cuisine, great cocktails and wine, as well as a sisha lounge. They have both indoor and outdoor seating options and even a hidden kids play area with resident ducks, geese, peacocks, and turtles. At night the outdoor garden area turns part lounge with their soft seating options and fountain feature; it is a great place to cozy up and enjoy some tasty food with a glass of wine. 
Eviva: indoor restaurant and bar

Eviva: outdoor garden restaurant/lounge


Despite the cold I decided we would sit outside, thankfully the waiter quickly 
brought over the hot coals to keep us warm. I am still to cautious to try sushi here in this landlocked country. I fully enjoy the river and lake fish found here however knowing how slow transportation is here, I avoid any seafood that isn't found locally. That eliminated half the menu however there were still plenty of delicious options.

I went with the traditional roasted lamb while Kay got the stuffed chicken. The food was so good I couldn't stop (although the portion was so large I did end up taking home leftovers). The lamb was so flavorful and it melted in your mouth, so good it made me forgive and forget the long wait for our food. The long wait did make me wish that the common practice of serving bread at restaurants back home was more common here as well. The side of rice they served left something do be desired and my Greek salad could have used more feta, but the lamb and potatoes made up for all of that. We had a great night, a delicious meal, and we look forward to a return trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment